Saturday, July 23, 2011

I yuv you, Mommy

This summer has been such a growth time for June and her language abilities.  She's able to say HaLLie instead of Hayyie (although sometimes I think she says Hayyie as a term of endearment).  She has started to speak in full sentences nearly all the time and now she's starting to branch out and put words together in her own patterns instead of always sticking to the patterns we had her repeat.  So this self-initiated speaking is definitely endearing because most of the time she's in her own little world playing with toys when she uses some phrase that surprises me.  However, the other day, she used one that quite possibly ripped the heart out of my chest it was so winsome.  She laid her head on my shoulder and said, "I yuv you Mommy." I nearly cried.  We always tell her "I love you" at night and before we leave, etc, but have never really asked her to reciprocate.  She has repeated this delightful offense numerous times since.  This is definitely something I could get used to.

Ruben's also showing how much he loves me, but I have to say, I prefer June's way of communicating.  Every baby goes through a "Mommy Phase" where mom is the only one who will do. Ruben has been in the stage for a tad too long now.  I mostly dislike this stage at night when he will not fall asleep for Karl.  All I'm asking is one night, Ruben, where I can sleep straight through the night and Dad can get up and comfort you.  It has been 6 weeks now since I've slept through the night and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have permanent brain damage from this lack of sleep.  He slept so well from 3-6 months and ever since then, we've struggled to sleep through the night. Thankfully, there are positives in this stage as well.  I don't think anyone feels worthless or sad, when a crying baby stops crying when in your arms.  Ruben can be on the brink of hysterics and I pick him up to soothe him, and immediately he's calm (maybe a few hiccoughs left but those are pretty cute too).  I just need to remind myself, this too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment