I've been meaning to write this entry for the last few days but I was still trying to decide if it was all a dream. This past Saturday, August 28, 2011, was a perfect Saturday. Let me tell you, I have high standards, so this kind of distinction is not handed out willy-nilly.
The day started out with a nap. YES, A NAP!!! After a normal wake up time 7:30ish, we got the kids dressed and fed and then I laid down on the couch. I must have looked pretty tired (I don't know if I did or not, I'm pretty sure I was mostly asleep), because Karl loaded up the kids and took a super long walk. Somewhere in there I managed to drag my sleeping body upstairs to our large empty bed. I don't remember anything from the next two hours. Awesome. Karl and the kids on the other hand had just a fantastic time. They walked the nearly 2 mile hike to the start of the bike trail and then hiked up the trail a little bit before walking home past the library. Since they were already out and Ruben was getting his morning nap, they stopped at the park for the customary swing time. Even Ruben woke up after a bit and participated. Then they tried out the sprinkler. You tell me. Do you think this looks fun?
So they roll home in the stroller just as I'm rolling out of bed after the best, solid sleep I've gotten in a while. Ahhh. We're all refreshed.
Next is a trip to the Schmitzers house for a little house project followed by some Yatzee with Matt and Hallie. I won two out of three games but I'm not gloating. Jill and Hannah get back from a volleyball tournament just in time for us to make dinner plans - brats, beer, our house.
Once at home, Karl and June take a snoozer while Ruben and I get ready for dinner. Fellowship with the Schmitzers on the porch. Cucumber salsa, Rolling Rock, brats, hot dogs, grilled veggies. Perfect.
Perfect Saturday.
Did I mention it all started with a nap?



No comments:
Post a Comment