How in the world is Ruben three years old! But I am ready for him to no longer be two. The week leading up to his birthday was one of those weeks where I contemplated sending him to a toddler rescue. Seriously. I was having major issues keeping the kid from hurting his sisters or tearing the house apart. A few weeks ago, we were over at the Hooker's house for dinner and the adults made the mistake of assuming that the noises from Levi's room were ignorable. Twenty minutes later we were all shocked at the absurd number of toys/books/legos/blankets/stuffed animals that the two boys had managed to pile in the walking space of the room. It took four adults and two toddlers a good 15 minutes to just find the floor. Since then, Ruben has been trying to recreate that amazingly fun experience in our own home but unfortunately mom keeps interrupting him just as he's getting going. I'm all for kids making a mess while they play, but I am not into the idea of making a mess merely for the sake of making a mess. So between interrupting his mess making and keeping him from hugging Iris quite so tightly, I feel like all I do with the kid is tell him "stop." I know that three year olds can be even worse than two year olds, but at least I'm hoping for a new challenge in my parenting career.
His actual birthday fell on a Sunday this year which is good and bad all tied up in one. It's definitely a hectic morning without seeing much of Dad (after not seeing him Saturday evening since he was preaching then too). But the day redeemed itself with a meeting of our PEACE group at our house. In between church and small group we opened presents with Nana and Papa on Facetime. Ruben got a big bucket of Duplos from Papa and then opened the awesome drums that Nana bought and didn't even touch them before moving back to the Duplos. I hope his love for building with legos continues at least through Christmas because I just scored a huge collection of duplos from a friend that will be coming out from Santa. So far, I'm not worried. He could build with legos and play with play dough all day and be one happy boy.
So I started doing this interview with June when she turned three so I should do the same with Ruben. I answered some of the questions for him because it took three sessions just to answer the ones he wanted to answer.
1. What is your favorite color? I weally yike black
His actual birthday fell on a Sunday this year which is good and bad all tied up in one. It's definitely a hectic morning without seeing much of Dad (after not seeing him Saturday evening since he was preaching then too). But the day redeemed itself with a meeting of our PEACE group at our house. In between church and small group we opened presents with Nana and Papa on Facetime. Ruben got a big bucket of Duplos from Papa and then opened the awesome drums that Nana bought and didn't even touch them before moving back to the Duplos. I hope his love for building with legos continues at least through Christmas because I just scored a huge collection of duplos from a friend that will be coming out from Santa. So far, I'm not worried. He could build with legos and play with play dough all day and be one happy boy.
So I started doing this interview with June when she turned three so I should do the same with Ruben. I answered some of the questions for him because it took three sessions just to answer the ones he wanted to answer.
1. What is your favorite color? I weally yike black
2. What is your favorite toy? Train
3. What is your favorite fruit? I really like candy. I really like candy with that.
4. What is your favorite show? Max and Ruby
5. What is your favorite thing for lunch?
6. What is your favorite outfit? surfboard shirt and slickie pants
7. What is your favorite game? He really likes one of Nana's brain games where you stack shapes according to the pictures. We've lost one piece but he still loves it.
8. What is your favorite snack? banana
9. What is your favorite animal? I weally yike all dogs named Nova
10. What is your favorite song? Monster Marching (Mice go Marching by Hap Palmer)
11. What is your favorite book? Cars and Trucks and Things that Go
12. Who is your best friend? Yevi (Levi)
13. What is your favorite cereal? Oatmeal squares
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? play in the backyard
15. What is your favorite drink? Yemenade (coincidentally, Levi calls Ruben "Yemen")
16. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? He has a special attachment to his pillow. No substitutions
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? cereal
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Hamburger
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? car-man

No comments:
Post a Comment