Wednesday, October 16, 2013
First world problems
So I usually start my blog posts with excuses about why it has been so long since I've blogged but this time I have a real reason. Since June, our internet has been spotty at best. Having worked in customer service myself, I find it incredibly taxing to call those horrible 1-800 numbers and listen to people product offer me instead of listening to my problem and working with me to solve it. We bought a foreclosed house so we know that the wires and bones of this house are all old and tired and probably need replacing, so no, I do not want to trouble shoot my modem for a $49.95 charge over the phone. I WANT SOMEONE TO COME HERE AND REPLACE WIRES. So goodbye AT&T and hello Comcast. We've never bought anything from a door to door salesman in our lives but when the comcast guy came around the neighborhood last week, we were done. And now I sit and write this post knowing that I don't have to look for that hideous red bar at the top of the browser telling me it isn't saving my blog post because the internet has once again gone out. And now it is even easier to type this blog post because the older kids are downstairs watching PBS kids on THE TELEVISION! In eight years of marriage we have never once paid for cable TV but since the Comcast guy came to our door just as we were contemplating making one more 1-800 call, he got a double sale (plus it was the same price as just internet and in six months I'll cancel it and stick with just internet). I feel like a real American now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment