Monday, August 20, 2012
Daddy Daughter Drawing
Karl is an amazing dad for many reasons but one of my favorite things he does with the kids is include them in art projects. Right now he's downstairs drawing blue herons with June. They end up with an amazing piece of art that June feels like she actually contributed to, and yet it is truly a work of art and not just in a sentimental way. Yesterday they painted with watercolors again and he was teaching her how to look at an image and try to draw it. It was all a bit too right-brained for me, but June seemed very engaged. They even sign the artwork JD'12 for June/Dad instead of KF'12. Ruben doesn't sit still long enough to really do projects with Dad yet, but I know that he will someday, and if he's not interested in doing art, I bet Karl will find something special that only Ruben and Dad will do together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love it! June looks so proud. :)
ReplyDelete