On our last trip to Kansas, Nana shared a set of books with us from her old preschool teacher days. The "Dinofours" are dinosaur preschoolers who encounter all sorts of preschool related experiences, conflicts, and activities. June loves these books and would sit through all of them in one sitting but we usually limit her to 3 or 4 because my voice doesn't last much longer than that. One of her favorites is about the T-Rex Brendan pretending to be Super Dino. We already have Dino tails that the kids love to wear but in the book Brendan wears a cape. Now since I'm addicted to Pinterest, I've seen a couple of really cute, really easy patterns for capes and happen to have a closet full of fabric I've filched from Jan's basement (she seriously has her own fabric store and is willing to share any of it with me, which makes these projects so much more manageable). I decided Tuesday would be a great day to pull out some fabric and get to work on these capes. It also happened to be the day I had agreed to watch not one, not two, but four other children. Granted, I had three of them only in the morning and Hallie doesn't come until eleven, but it still made for quite the exciting day. Plus, it was raining all day so there was no going outside.
June's still pretty new to the super hero gig, but after getting some new ideas from all her friends, we'll have adventures soon to share.

The teeter-totter also made its way back into the house for some great times. It's actually amazing how little work it takes to keep six kids entertained, alive, and fed. The feeding part is actually the most challenging.
June and Ruthie played doctor with this hammer for probably thirty full minutes. One would lay on the yoga mat and the other would gently tap their entire body with the hammer. I wasn't around when it started so I don't know who initiated the play but it has been over a year since June has been to the doctor so I have no idea what she thinks a doctor does. But obviously it's fun to pretend!


No comments:
Post a Comment