So we're sitting at home counting time between contractions and I might as well waste this time blogging instead of checking Facebook for the thousandth time. The kids are happy and safe at the Hooker's house ready for a night of fun and luckily enough the kids don't have school tomorrow so they'll have fun in the morning as well. As we sit here waiting, I'm reminded how much waiting this kid has prompted already in his/her short life. We're only five days past the due date but it might as well be six weeks because I've been ready since March 21st. Contractions have been going all day in the 3-7 minute range but only once an hour or so do I have one that causes me to stop what I'm doing. We'll go in to the hospital soon and then probably wait until someone breaks my water and then I think the waiting will stop.
So let me write now about what I think this kid is like so far. Movement has definitely been a strength of this kid. With Ruben I was impressed by the strength but for this kid it is more about the square footage covered in a single movement. A kick might start up by my ribs but by the time things calm down the entire side of my uterus has been beaten. Also, besides being generally upside down for the past few weeks, the position of this kid changes on a daily basis. He/She might be lying on the right side in the morning and by noon he/she's facing forward and by bedtime we've rotated even further around. Both Ruben and June were posterior (sunny side up) so we'll see where this little one ends up once labor gets to the good part.
Other than movement, this kid has been pretty congenial. Unless I stay up past midnight the nocturnal kicks don't wake me up although Karl has been surprised a few times in the middle of the night by the movement that I'm able to sleep through. Every once in a while I'll get a stretched out foot or hand sticking out beyond the limits of my stretchy skin but a simple touch and push and Fetal Fay complies.
Fetal Fay, we're ready to name you Iris Annette or Ezra James and stop calling you Fetal Fay (no matter how cool the name). So get moving, okay! See you soon.
P.S. I wrote this blog on Monday, April 8th. On Tuesday we scheduled an induction for Friday morning hoping to never get that far. As you know by now, Iris made us wait once again and didn't show up until April 12th and even that took a little coercing, but that's a story for a different blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment