June has really matured in the last few weeks. Here are few snippets of what she's doing.
While at Nana's house she started asking "Why?" about everything. And I mean everything. It is fun and we're having really great conversations but sometimes I wish Nana weren't such a good therapy provider.
This week she stopped wearing a diaper at night. No accidents so far. In fact, one night she held it from before bed until 10:30 the next morning. Yikes. I can't doing that!
She also has made great strides in playing pretend. She loves to play with her dollhouse in her room and have the dolls make food and go to sleep and go on walks. When Jan was over to babysit, they spent the entire hour driving a car going to Hyvee, Sams, Daddy's church, and the Y.
Whenever I play pretend with June I also introduce my doll with a random name (I particularly gravitate toward names of Schmeymers because then the doll can take on a true character). I always ask her what her doll is named as well. For the longest time all dolls were either "I don't know" or "Sammy" which I'm pretty sure Nana introduced as a name. On Thursday I asked her what her baby doll was named and she looked at me, thought about it and said, "Roofa." I'm pretty sure this is a combination of Ruben, Ruthie, and Retha (one of the grandmas who babysits at mom's group). This poor baby was named "Roofa" all day long. Thankfully, the next day she was renamed Hallie. Roofa is a tough name to grow up with. Maybe we won't ask for June's help when it comes time to name future siblings...
Nana did not name any baby dolls when June was visiting. I think she came up with that name on her own. :) Great blog Kendra!
ReplyDelete